This comes from my DH’s mom…but everybody seems to love them! They’re fried, and I’m tempted to try them baked…but haven’t yet!
They’re not really very Asian, but that just means more people will eat them. LOL
1 roll Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage
1 bag baby spinach, finely chopped
1 package won ton wrappers
Sm bowl of lukewarm water (to help seal won tons)
Vegetable oil for frying
– Fill a stockpot 1/2 full with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat to about 360 degrees
– In a medium bowl, mix together the sausage and spinach; remove won tons from wrapper
– Take one won ton wrapper and place approx 1 tsp of filling in the center of it. Dip your finger in the water and run your finger along two sides of the won ton so you can seal it (you’ll be folding the won ton into a triangle)
– Fold the won ton wrapper over the filling and seal it into a triangle, using the wetted edges to keep it shut. Gently wet the two ‘longer’ edges, then fold them in onto the won ton to seal (helps keep filling in while frying)
– Place the won tons in the hot oil 5-6 at a time, and let them cook until golden brown and floating.
– Remove won tons from oil, and lay them on a paper towel to drain/cool
Makes approx 50 won tons (will depend on the amount of filling you put in)