I’ve been very happy with this whipped cream recipe, so I thought I’d put it down on the blog for posterity 🙂
What I like about it is the vanilla gives it delicious flavor, and the confectioners’ sugar helps keep it ‘whipped’ — I can make this up to two days in advance and keep it in the fridge and it stays perfect!
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
– Place whipping cream in a medium bowl, and add the vanilla and confectioner’s sugar
– Use an electric mixer or kitchenaid with whisk attachment to whip the mixture together until medium/soft peaks form
– Notes: I’ve found my kitchenaid doesn’t do as good of a job, nor does it do it as quickly, as my electric hand mixer, so I just use that. The whole process probably takes me 5 minutes, for one cup of cream.
– Notes: I also have trouble telling when the ‘peaks’ form, so I normally stop the mixer when it starts looking more like Cool-Whip and less like liquid cream, and dip a clean finger in it to test the texutre.
– Notes: When I’m making this in advance, I whip it a little ‘stiffer’ than I would if I were serving it fresh. Then I place it in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid, and place it in the fridge immediately. It’ll last about 2 days before you start to lose the proper consistency. I recommend making it one day in advance of when you need it, if possible. That seems to be optimum. 🙂