This was tasty! We have leftovers, and I anticipate that after it has been sitting overnight, it’ll be even better!
I doubled the recipe below, because I had a full pound of shrimp and chorizo.
(…and a cookie for dessert, by way of Cooking This and That)
2/3 cups yellow rice (Goya)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small shallot, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/2 pound chorizo, sliced
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth
1 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/3 cup frozen peas
– Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium-high heat
– Add rice and cook until it begins to toast, about 1-2 minutes
– Add shallot and garlic and continue to saute until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute
– Add shrimp, chorizo, and broth
– Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium-low
– Cook for 18 minutes
– Remove lid, add parsley and peas and cook until heated through
– Continue cooking uncovered until all liquid is absorbed.