This was very good — but the first night we ate it, I thought the ‘florentine’ part needed something. Maybe some garlic??
I ate it as leftovers for lunch later in the week, and it was much more flavorful — maybe it just needed to sit? 🙂
We’ll be having it again!
Stuffed Chicken Florentine
(The Rookie Chef)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (I omitted)
1/2 of a 10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1/3 cup of ricotta cheese
– Place chicken breasts between two pieces of wax paper. Pound until thin and even with a meat mallet.
– Sprinkle both size with salt and pepper, set aside.
– Heat oven to 350 degrees
– In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion and mushrooms; sautee until onion is transparent. Stir in spinach and cheese to form stuffing. Heat through.
– Spread stuffing evenly over each chicken breast. Roll up chicken.
– Now stick a skewer through it to hold it all together.
– Place chicken in a lightly greased 9 x 9 pan. Cover with tin foil and bake 15 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 10 minute
– Remove the skewer and enjoy!