I couldn’t get a good picture of these – I was in a hurry and the turkey I added to the sauce (to amp up the protein count) wasn’t helping!
But you get the idea
These were quick and easy, and delicious! Super-simple!
Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained (I used fresh, sautéed in olive oil with minced garlic….I hate the texture of frozen spinach!)
- 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese (I like Polly-o) (I used low fat)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and fresh pepper
- 32 oz tomato sauce
- 9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb ground turkey, cooked (I added)
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.