I got this one from Leigh — her recipes are always fantastic!
Since DHGM finally, FINALLY was able to buy a grill (he’s so happy!), I included a lot of grill-friendly recipes in this week.
This chicken can be done inside, under the broiler, or outside, on the grill. I love those flexible recipes!
Spicy Honey Chicken
*Note: You can change the “spicy” aspect of this recipe by how much cayenne pepper you put in!)
8 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (I used chicken thighs, but bone in, and some leftover boneless breasts)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
– Combine the first six, ‘rub’ ingredients in a bowl and mix well
– Clean excess fat from chicken pieces and add pieces to bowl of spices, rubbing to coat
– Brush grill surface lightly with olive oil, and grill chicken for a few minutes on each side, until cooked through
– Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring until well combined
– Brush mixture onto chicken (both sides) in the final moments of grilling
– Since the glaze is sugar-based, you’l need to turn the heat down so your chicken doesn’t burn; leave it on the grill a fw moments to caramelize
– You can also use these steps inside, under your broiler