Just a variation on the usual old mashed potatoes. I made these to go with DH’s meatloaf last week, and he really liked them!
I lightened them up a bit, but they were still a serious loaded potato!
Sour Cream Potatoes
(Real Simple Magazine)
4 pounds red potatoes (about 8), halved
kosher salt and black pepper
2 cups sour cream (I used light)
1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter (I only used 2 and couldn’t tell the difference)
2 scallions, chopped
– Place the potatoes in a large pot.
– Add cold water to cover and bring to a boil.
– Add 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
– Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
– Add the sour cream, milk, butter, scallions, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and mash.
– Transfer to a heatproof bowl, cover, and set over a pot of simmering water to keep warm, up to 1 hour.