I had never eaten turkey burgers until I met DH. His family has a simple, effective, and delicious recipe for turkey burgers.
I serve them with many different sides — but most commonly German Potato Salad, or the Homemade Mac n Cheese recipe in my blog.
Simple Turkey Burgers
1 lb. ground turkey
3 scallions, finely chopped
1/2 – 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (use enough to combine)
– Chop the scallions and add them to the turkey
– Add the egg and breadcrumbs
– Dash of salt and pepper
– Mix the ingredients together (your hands work best)
– Score the meat into 4 by making a cross in it (this will give you 4 LARGE burgers)
– Heat a skillet on medium/medium high heat with 1 1/2 tbsp butter and a splash of olive oil
– Form burgers, and place in the heated skillet to cook
– Cook approximately 8 minutes and then flip, cooking until no longer raw in the center.
We serve them simply — a bun and a dollop of ketchup.