I wanted shrimp for dinner this week, and a scampi just seemed delicious…this one fit the bill!
I did make some changes…I decreased the 5 tbsp of butter and increased the olive oil a bit. I also put a little extra lemon and chicken broth in, and then omitted the 2 tbsp of butter at the end.
That’s a heck of a lotta butter!!
Simple Shrimp Scampi
5 Tablespoons butter (I cut this down to 3 and increased the olive oil)
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (increased to 4)
½ Cup finely chopped white onion
4 cloves garlic
24 medium shrimp, devained, cleaned, shell removed (fresh or frozen)
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ Cup chicken broth or white wine
2 pinches salt
¼ teaspoon fresh pepper
1 lb linguini pasta noodles
2 Tablespoons butter
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¼ Cup fresh chives chopped
– Place butter and olive oil into a large 5 qt skillet or other large pot over medium heat
– Once melted and hot sauté onion for 3-5 minutes until softened
– Stir in garlic for 60 seconds then stir in shrimp
– Season with salt and pepper and cook 4-6 minutes or until pink and firm and cooked through
– Stir in lemon juice and chicken broth. Reduce heat to low and set aside.
– Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and stir into shrimp
– Stir in 2 Tablespoons butter, parsley and chives