I made these fun little treats for a picnic the weekend before the 4th of July. They’re delicious, and you can easily replace the M&M’s with all colors, or toffee bits, crushed oreos – whatever you want! Just keep the 2 cups of add-ins to the mix.
For those not familiar, blondies are sort of like ‘vanilla’ flavored brownies. Nice change of pace!
Super quick to pull together and delicious. We bought a large bag of M&M’s and I picked out the red/blue – and got about a cup.
Red, White, & Blue Blondies
- 1/2 C butter, melted
- 11/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C M & M’s, red and blue
- 1 C white chocolate chips (for stirring in)
- 1 C white chocolate chips (for melting)
– Preheat oven to 350
– Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and then spray with baking spray.
– Combine butter and sugars. Beat until fluffy
– Add in eggs and vanilla
– Gradually add in flour and salt until blended.
– Mix in chips and M & M
– Spread batter into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick comes out only slightly gooey.
– Cool and remove from pan by lifting up the foil.
– When cool, melt about 1 cup of white chocolate chips (microwave or double boiler), then pour into a zip-top bag, snip one bottom corner, and drizzle the blondies with white chocolate.
– Cut and serve