DH and I love this rice. I think we’re just addicted to jasmine rice, and using this as an excuse to have it.
I should really make the jasmine rice — as is — and see if we enjoy it as much!
I serve this with tacos/burritos/etc.
Mexican (Jasmine) Rice
2-4 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, sliced or minced
1/2 cup diced onion
1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
1 tbsp taco seasoning
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
– Place olive oil in a good-sized saucepan over medium heat. I usually start with 2 tbsp — you can add more when you add the rice, should it prove to not be enough to coat the rice.
– Add the garlic cloves and onion, and stir, cooking until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant
– Add the rice, and pearl the rice in the oil/garlic/onion mixture for a few minutes, stirring to prevent burning. If there isn’t enough olive oil to coat the rice, add some now.
– Add taco seasoning and stir
– Add chicken broth, stir to combine, then cover and let simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes
– Turn the burner off and let the rice sit for a few minutes before serving.