This was delicious. It was the best new recipe I’ve tried in a LONG time (per DH!)
We’ll be adding this to our regular rotation — it’s delicious, super-quick to put together, and light-feeling. Perfect for summer — heck, you could feed this to company and they’d feel special 🙂
Garlic Lemon Shrimp with Orzo and Broccoli
1 cup orzo
1 broccoli crown, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
kosher salt and course ground black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp butter
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2-3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
– Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil, add the orzo and cook until al dente (about 8-9 minutes). During the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, add broccoli to the pasta water. Drain orzo and broccoli and set aside.
– In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, and add onions. Cook until soft and translucent, about 4-5 minutes, then add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
– Add lemon juice, zest, and wine/broth to saute pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, summering for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
– Stir in the butter, and continue stirring until melted
– Add the shrimp to the saute pan, and cook until pink and cooked through (about 4-5 minutes). Add the orzo and broccoli, parsley, and cheese to the shrimp and toss gently to combine
– Serve immediately
– *We discovered this is even delicious and amazing COLD as well!