This recipe was recently posted on the What’s Cooking board that I frequent. Everyone was asked what their “best” item was — and Robyn said hers was fruit salsa.
We all begged for the recipe, and this was what she told us!
This is AMAZING. Eating the fruit with the chips, it tastes like healthy apple pie! It’s deeeeelicious!
Warning: This makes enough to feed an Army. I didn’t stop to consider this when chopping the fruit, so now I’ve got enough fruit salsa for the Armed Forces. If you’re making this for 2 people (like I did) you may want to halve everything. If you’re making it for company — make the whole thing. They’ll eat every ounce!
(Robyn, on What’s Cooking)
2 red apples
2 green apples
1 carton raspberries (I used blueberries because DH doesn’t like raspberries)
3 tablespoons orange juice
2 teaspoons honey
2 lemons (or equivalent in juice)
– Dice all fruit very finely and put in a large mixing bowl
– Squeeze 1/2 a lemon’s worth of juice after each addition (1/2 lemon after adding all red apple, 1/2 lemon after adding all green apple, etc)
– Whisk together the orange juice and the honey and pour it over the fruit. Carefully mix together
**It’s best made the day before, and as long as you use plenty of lemon and orange juice, it won’t brown**
Cinnamon-Sugar Tortilla Chips
10-15 10″ flour tortillas (I had enourmous burrito tortillas…next time I’ll use smaller ones for smaller chips!)
– Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F
– Brush melted butter on whole tortilla and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix
– Use a pizza cutter and cut into 8 sections
– Fill up a baking sheet with them
– Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes, or until crisped up