We all begged for the recipe, and this was what she told us!
This is AMAZING. Eating the fruit with the chips, it tastes like healthy apple pie! It’s deeeeelicious!
Warning: This makes enough to feed an Army. I didn’t stop to consider this when chopping the fruit, so now I’ve got enough fruit salsa for the Armed Forces. If you’re making this for 2 people (like I did) you may want to halve everything. If you’re making it for company — make the whole thing. They’ll eat every ounce!
(Robyn, on What’s Cooking)
2 red apples
2 green apples
1 carton raspberries (I used blueberries because DH doesn’t like raspberries)
3 tablespoons orange juice
2 teaspoons honey
2 lemons (or equivalent in juice)
– Dice all fruit very finely and put in a large mixing bowl
– Squeeze 1/2 a lemon’s worth of juice after each addition (1/2 lemon after adding all red apple, 1/2 lemon after adding all green apple, etc)
– Whisk together the orange juice and the honey and pour it over the fruit. Carefully mix together
**It’s best made the day before, and as long as you use plenty of lemon and orange juice, it won’t brown**
Cinnamon-Sugar Tortilla Chips
10-15 10″ flour tortillas (I had enourmous burrito tortillas…next time I’ll use smaller ones for smaller chips!)
– Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F
– Brush melted butter on whole tortilla and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix
– Use a pizza cutter and cut into 8 sections
– Fill up a baking sheet with them
– Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes, or until crisped up