This was a great weeknight meal – very tasty, and very quick to throw together!
I used a raw pizza dough ball purchased at a local pizzeria for my crust, but if you had pizza dough on hand in your freezer, that works too!
Deep Dish Cheeseburger Pizza
1/2 lb. ground beef (or turkey, or chicken)
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1 lb. raw pizza dough (thawed, if frozen)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded/grated
-Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
– Brown 1/2 lb of ground meat, add barbeque sauce and stir to mix
– Oil an oven-safe 10″ skillet (I used a cast iron skillet) and press the pizza dough into the bottom and up the sides of the skillet
– Top with the ground meat and cheese
– Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown
– Top with arugula, sliced red onion, sliced tomato, and a drizzle of olive oil (We skipped this step and had a side salad instead)