I made this as a little something “different” for my packed lunches at work. It’s delicious, and very versatile – you could eat it as a sandwich, a wrap, in a pita, on a bed of greens, with crackers, etc!
I also love all the fun add-ins – the apples, raisins, and walnuts really give it something special.
Curried Chicken Salad with Apples, Raisins, and Walnuts
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cups diced chicken (I made my own in the oven, but Chef Mom also recommends the pre-cooked strips in your grocery store)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
– Combine the curry powder and mayonnaise until well mixed
– Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and add your curry mayonaise; stir to combine
– Chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving