This is very similar to the 40-clove garlic chicken, except it’s half the amount of garlic, and a few other delicious spices!
And – crockpot friendly. The best part!
Sadly, I don’t have a picture for you — I completely forgot! I haven’t done that in ages.
Just know it’s a delicious chicken recipe (thanks Chera!), and its quick and easy and versatile. We ate it as actual chicken pieces the first night, then used it to make a delicious homemade chicken noodle soup for a leftovers meal.
Crockpot 20-Clove Garlic Chicken
1/2 large onion, sliced
1 5-7 lb. whole frying chicken**
1 medium bulb garlic (about 16-20 cloves)
1 t. Salt
1 t. Paprika
1/2 t. Pepper
1 T. Olive Oil
– Place onion slices in 3 1/2 to 4 qt. crockpot.
– Remove giblets from chicken, rinse, drain, & pat dry. Place chicken breast side up in the crockpot (on top of the onions). Separate garlic in to cloves; do not peel cloves. Place garlic in, around, and under chicken.
– In a small bowl, combine salt, paprika, pepper & olive oil. Mix to form paste. Spread evenly over top of chicken. **(If I use a 7 lb chicken, I make a DOUBLE batch of this paste.)
– Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7+ hours.
– With a slotted spoon, remove chicken, onion and garlic from slow cooker. Cut chicken into pieces and serve.
**Reserve cooked garlic cloves to spread on bread or in mashed potatoes!