DH has already ranked this as “The Best New Recipe of 2010” — and 2010 isn’t over yet! LOL
It was simple to throw together, and MEGA flavorful….I think. See, I have this cold…so I’m not sure I’m tasting it 100%. Nonetheless, we both loved it — it will go into the rotation!
Side note: This recipe isn’t spicy…don’t be scared by the 2 cans of chilis…they get dampered down by the creamy add-ins at the end. 🙂
We served it with tortilla chips, but it would also be delicious with cornbread, I think!
Creamy White Chicken Chili
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 medium onion, small diced
1 T vegetable oil
2 cans cannellini beans, with juice
14.5 ounces chicken broth
2 4-ounce cans chopped green chilies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup half & half
8 ounce reduced fat sour cream
– Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
– Add the chicken and chopped onion and saute for about six minutes, or until the chicken is seared and the onion is translucent.
– Add the garlic and cook for another three minutes.
– Add the beans, spices, chicken broth and green chilies and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for thirty minutes.
– Turn off the heat and add the sour cream and half & half. Serve with cheddar cheese and additional sour cream to top.