Remember cinnamon roll pancakes? Well folks, here’s the waffle variety!
You can really use any old waffle recipe you love. I used my own Waffles of Insane Greatness. The trick is in the two toppings you put on those waffles.
I did think this was a little butter-heavy…I think the amounts could be cut down without losing any of the flavor!
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
You can use the waffle recipe listed above, or, click on the Chef in Training link and use hers!)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING:
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Prepare your waffles. Use a 200 degree F oven to keep them warm while you make the toppings
– Prepare cinnamon topping: In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside.
– Prepare cream cheese topping: In a medium, microwave-safe bowl- heat butter and cream cheese for 30 to 60 seconds; just until melted. Stir together until smooth; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
– When ready to serve, place waffle on plate, drizzle cinnamon topping, then drizzle cream cheese topping. Use as much or as little as you’d like. Serve immediately.