I nabbed this recipe from my friend Chera — she blogs, but since it’s sort of a family blog, I won’t link it here for her privacy.
This was tasty — very much like a sausage sandwich with peppers and onions…except over pasta. with chicken. 🙂
Nice and quick as well!
16 oz. pasta, cooked according to directions.
Drain and toss in bowl with 2 T. olive oil.
1 lb. Chicken, cubed
3 italian sausage links, cut into 1/2″ pieces (I assume hot or sweet is fine here…)
1 red onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
10-12 mushrooms, quartered
2 cloves garlic, minced
– Saute chicken and sausage in 2 T. olive oil for 5 minutes.
– Remove from pan, drain drippings.
– Add a little more oil and saute veggies.
– Add garlic when veggies are almost done.
– Add chicken and sausage back to pan to mingle flavors.
– Serve with noodles and season with salt, pepper, and Parmesan and/or Romano cheese.
(Chera says don’t forgo the Parmesan cheese — it really makes the dish (as evidenced by this picture I took of DH’s plate after he added half a container of parm to it.)