I made this granola to top my yogurt with this week for a snack.
I had everything on hand, except the chia seeds, which I got from my local natural foods store.
It’s very tasty! Definately more of a flavored oat combo than a traditional granola, though. So if you’re looking for traditional, this ain’t it.
If you’re looking for healthy, tasty, and awesome — proceed!
Beek’s Coconut Chia Granola:
- 3 cups rolled oats, gluten-free if necessary
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (I use Grade B.)
- Vanilla extract and cinnamon to taste. (I like a lot, probably 1 t of each, and then some.)
- 2 T safflower oil (I used canola, because I don’t like safflower)
- 2 T chia seeds
Mix allllll together in a bowl or directly on a cookie sheet, bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, making sure to mix up the granola one or two times while baking, to ensure even coloring (NOT burning!)
I’ve also added wheat germ and coconut flour to different batches for an even nuttier texture and taste. Experiment with whatever ingredients you like or have on hand!