Oh my god these were good. And, fast enough for a weeknight, but “nice” enough to serve to company!
We’ll definately be putting these in our rotation!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken (Stuffed with Cheese and Spinach)
(Adapted from: A Taste of Home Cooking)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (this was 3 in my package)
4 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
2 handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped
9 slices of bacon (3 on each breast)
Mashed potatoes: 6-8 red potatoes, peeled and cubed, milk, butter
1 lb. fresh green beans, steamed
– Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
– Cut a slice in the thickest part of the chicken breast, making a pocket in the breast to stuff
– Combine the softened cream cheese, chopped spinach, salt and pepper to taste, and stuff into the pocket in each chicken breast.
– Wrap each chicken breast tightly with the slices of bacon, covering the meat
– Place the chicken breasts in a roaster pan with a drip tray (or just a nonstick cookie sheet will do as well — but your juices and fat will accumulate on the bottom of your chicken) and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and chicken is firm to the touch.