A Pinterest find!
Quite a title. But a VERY fast recipe and super delicious. We really loved this one and will have it again soon.
Angel Hair with Shrimp and Lemon Cream
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 pound angel hair pasta
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) chopped chives
- Zest of a lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
– Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
– In a smaller pot, heat the cream, chicken stock and lemon juice to a low simmer. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
– Add the angel hair pasta to the boiling water.
– Add the shrimp to the simmering lemon cream sauce. Stir well and add a pinch of salt and black pepper. The shrimp should cook in about the same time as the angel hair pasta, about 4 to 5 minutes.
– When the pasta is done, drain and put it in a large bowl. Add the herbs to the simmering lemon cream sauce and let them cook for about 1 minute. Pour the shrimp and lemon sauce into the pasta bowl and mix well. Add the lemon zest and most of the parmesan and mix again. Divide into servings, and top with the remaining parmesan.
– Note, if the resulting mixture seems to dry, just add a little water or cream. If it seems to wet, don’t worry, the pasta will absorb the sauce.