Sorry for that extended delay!
There was no exercise…just a 4-hour car trip to see the fam
Was supposed to do a bike ride with Dad, but plans were changed. Successfully saw mom, dad (my parents are divorced), grandma, AND my bestie for her birthday. Successful day! My grandma really wanted me to go through some of her collectibles/antiques with her and see what I wanted, so I brought some items home with me.
Family reunion action! Know what’s funny? Attending my family reunion this year let me see how skewed and – dare I say – flawed, approaches to food are in my family. I literally never saw it before, but watching people eat at the reunion, it dawned on me. No wonder I had weight problems as a child.Example? My mom sits down beside me. I notice there’s another full plate of food beside her. I ask, “Who’s plate is that” She looks at me like I’ve gone insane and says “Mine. I couldn’t fit everything on one plate.”
She ate both plates in like 15 minutes, ate two pieces of cake, and proceeded to moan about how full she was.
Left the reunion after dinner was served and drove back home – arriving at 11:30 p.m. We went to bed at 1am, and went into work late Monday.
Flew by – arrived at work late, work was crazy. I had a lot of ‘catch up’ stuff to do after work so I…
- Went to the gym and did a moderate 35 minutes on the elliptical
- Stopped at the store for produce (Sorry farmer’s market…your ‘on’ days don’t jive when I’m out of town)
- Vacuumed all the dog hair (thanks Holly) out of my car and gassed it up
- Went home and checked on my garden and harvested FIVE more cucumbers! Also had to re-tie the worlds heaviest tomato plant. It keeps falling over!
- Did “Yoga for Back Pain” again – I’m having trouble with knots all along the top ‘ridge’ of my butt…and they’re painful.
- Prepped for Tuesday, and spent some time with the hubs
Now that we’re all caught up…here’s some eats!
Citrucel on the way to work – 7:45 a.m.
Breakfast – 8:30 a.m.
I’ve been experimenting with the smoothies-as-meals situations. Some things I’ve noticed:
- Using protein powder in them hurts my stomach
- More than 2-3 handfuls of spinach also hurts my stomach
- I always make too much
- Even adding oats, it doesn’t fill me up as a meal. I need something alongside of it.
Today’s smoothie was perfect though….and it all fit in my blender bottle (rather than having extra like I always seem to!)
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 container vanilla greek yogurt
- Splash of milk
- ½ banana
- ½ c. frozen blueberries
Blend and serve…with the world’s-greatest-textured-cereal: Oatmeal Squares!
This breakfast took me 2 hours to eat, and kept me perfectly full. I’ll be re-visiting this one again soon.
Lunch – 12:00 p.m.
Smart Taste penne with a little marinara and leftover chicken meatballs from last week. Sprinkle of mozzarella cheese…and a carrot on the side
…and ½ this bag. ‘Tis that time of the month folks.
I will note that I’ve been doing much better with my recommitment goals. But the Monthly Green Eyed Monster can only be denied for so long. 😉
Snack – 3:45 p.m.
½ a clif bar + perfectly ripe nectarine
Exercise – 4:45 p.m.
15 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical
Back + Abs
3 sets, done as compound sets (i.e., two exercises alternating until all three sets are complete, then move onto the next set of two exercises)
Wide Grip Lat Pull-Down – 12
V-Sit – 15
Back Extension (on exercise ball) – 12
Exercise Ball Plank – 40 seconds
Barbell Bent-Over Row – 15
Exercise Ball Rope Crunch – 12
Hanging Leg Raise (I did these in a Captains Chair…my gym doesn’t have a hanging apparatus) – 15
Bent Over Dumbbell Skier – 15
1h @ the gym = 385 calories burned
Headed home to hydrate and walk the pup.
Dinner – 7:30 p.m.
Taco night! Woot!
- Freeze leftover baked beans from reunion
- Pack foodies for tomorrow / pack gym clothes / lay out work clothes
- Heat and biofreeze for my sore back
- *Hopefully* getting some time to read. I think it’s been over a week!!