I wish I could curl up in my pajamas with a book and a calm puppy and relax. Maybe if I’m efficient with my evening, I can.
Instead, here’s how the day went 🙂
- Woke up late. Needed to get up early today, to be at work and not look like a hot mess for an 8am meeting. Ran around like a chicken with my head cut off.
- Scarfed down 8 oz. of water/Citrucel on my way to work – got there at 7:55.
- Sat from 8 – 10 in this meeting with my stomach eating itself. Caved, and ate two finger-sized pastries. Dear god. Food.
- Headed straight to my lunch bag at 10am and heated up my breakfast (1 egg+2 egg whites, 1 homemade chicken sausage patty, 2 pieces multigrain bread) and scarfed it down
- Met up with an old co-worker at 11:45 for lunch. Obviously wasn’t the least bit hungry. Bought a taco salad (romaine, black beans, cheese, guacamole, and chicken with a spicy dressing) and sat it aside for later
- Chatted with old co-worker for ages, headed back to work, and ate salad at 1:30
- Unwittingly finished off (read: 4 pieces) my Chocolove bar while the Director of a department I was working on a GIS map for kept calling me and making changes. Resisted the urge to strangle her through the phone.
- Ran into trouble with said map because of said changes. Had to delete an entire layer of information and start over. Great. Gave up because it was 3:45 and it wasn’t going to be completed today – will do it in the morning.
- Ate ½ a Peanut Butter Kashi granola bar at 3:45 so there’d be fuel for a workout…but I wasn’t particularly hungry
- Workout: was supposed to be HIIT, but this day + incredible full-body soreness from yesterday’s workout + rain and cold = moderate hills work on the treadmill for 40 minutes with a new magazine. It’s good for the soul sometimes, know what I mean? Finished up with some gentle stretching for back/hamstrings/piriformis, and a short ab workout:
- 3 sets: Exercise Ball Crunch with Medicine Ball (held overhead) 15 reps, Captain’s Chair Leg Raise 15 reps, Standing Oblique Crunches – 12 reps each side, holding a 15 lb dumbbell
- Came home, discovered the deluge of 3 days had stopped, and took the dog for a walk. She was appreciative.
- Made dinner – stuffed chicken Florentine, with couscous and green beans
- Packed my lunch, checked blogs and posted this entry, then (HOPEFULLY) snuggled up on the couch in jammies with the pup.