Pinterest find! We really enjoyed this – it reminded us of a local place that went out of business a few years back. I always ordered the monterey chicken there!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. bar-b-que sauce ( I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1/4 c. real bacon bits (I used bacon b/c I had it on hand)
1 c. colby and jack cheese, shredded
1 14 oz. can Rotel tomatoes, drained (canned with green chilies added)
sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pound out chicken breasts to flatten. Season with pepper.
- Grill chicken until no long pink (can use a george foreman) and place on baking sheet covered with foil.
- Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon bar-b-que sauce, 1/4 c. cheese, 1/4 c. tomatoes, green onions and one tablespoon of bacon bits.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).