I started my cooking blog as a hobby after my wedding in November 2007, and my fitness blog in January of 2010 because I didn’t feel that stuff had a place on my food blog.
Que this site – Kelly Be Well – which is a combined blog for both my previous hobbies (food/fitness) but it also gives me some room to grow, show you pictures of my cute puppy, talk about books I’ve read, trips I take, etc. It’s just a much more comprehensive system!
So! That all being said….here’s some facts:
- My name is Kelly (duh)
- I live in Pennsylvania, in a moderately-sized town that is much larger than the farm area I grew up in
- I am 29
- I’m married to Dave (who is more commonly refered to as DH – Dear Husband – on this blog)
- I showed horses (Arabians) competitively (SaddleSeat, Equitation, Western, Hunter Pleasure, and Costume) for 10 years when I was young, and miss having horses every day.
- I started exercising in October 2006 in preparation for my wedding in November 2007 and kept at it.
- When I started going to the gym, I was lethargic, agitated (from agoraphobia and other anxiety issues), and 200 pounds
- Now would be a good time to mention I’m 5’6″ — so yeah, I was heavy
- As of January 2010, I am still maintaining a 4-5 day a week gym habit, along with yoga at home and walking the dog (daily…or as weather permits now that it’s winter)
- I’m still 5’6″ — and now I’m 160 pounds (technically still overweight, but I’m much happier in my skin)
- I still struggle with my anxiety – there are good days and bad days, good months and bad months
- I love to run, but chronic piriformis syndrome pain is keeping me from truly pursuing it
- I lift weights (heavy), do yoga, use a variety of cardio mechanisms (treadmills, elliptical, stair master, stationary bike, regular bike)
- I love to read, and if I’m sitting down I generally have my nose buried in a book or a blog
- I also love to cook and bake….but if pushed, I’d say I prefer baking to cooking.
So! That’s me in a nutshell. If you have questions, feel free to ask!